Rudy Giuliani — the former New York City Mayor, federal prosecutor, and lawyer for President Donald Trump, has reportedly been banned from appearing on any Fox News programs, reports said Friday.

“Rudy is really hurt,” said a close source, according to Politico, which added that the ban began about three months ago.

“As if the sting of that weren’t painful enough, the ‘9/11 mayor’ learned of his banishment…on the eve of Sept. 11,” Politico Playbook reported, adding:

Giuliani was slated to appear on “Fox & Friends” to mark the 20th anniversary of the attack. But the night before, host PETE HEGSETH called Giuliani to say he’d been cut from the show and apologize.

The ban extends not just to GIULIANI, but also to his son ANDREW, who has not been on Fox News since he launched his campaign for governor of New York in May despite many requests to go on the network. His team has been frustrated that rival GOP gubernatorial candidate Rep. LEE ZELDIN is a frequent guest.

But bookers have told both Giuliani’s the ban comes from the top, sources said. The former New York City mayor had been a fixture on the network.

Join Our Telegram channel here: https://t.me/usamagazinestudio

The source who said that the elder Giuliani is “hurt” by the decision went on to tell Political Playbook part of the reason: “He was instrumental in getting Fox on Time Warner so it could be watched in New York City.”

“In 1996, Giuliani’s administration advocated for Time Warner to carry the newly launched Fox News Channel, intervening in a dispute between Murdoch and the cable provider,” the news site continued.

It’s not clear why Guiliani has been banned, but it’s possible it has something to do with being sued by Dominion Voting Systems, which alleges that the former mayor’s post-2020 election claims that the company’s software and machines ‘switched votes’ from then-President Donald Trump to then-Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden. Fox News has also been sued by the voting machine company for allowing guests like Giuliani to appear on the network to spread the theories, though the network has moved to have the suit against it dismissed on grounds “that Dominion failed to show the network acted in malice, the legal standard for proving defamation,” Politico Playbook noted further.

“Giuliani has argued his claims about Dominion were ‘substantially true,’ while acknowledging he didn’t understand how the company’s voting software works,” the outlet reported, citing Business Insider.

But others in Giuliani’s orbit have had trouble getting booked on Fox:

Giuliani’s former police commissioner, BERNIE KERIK, who also promoted election conspiracies, has had difficulty getting time on Fox after being a regular on the network. He appeared live on the network just once on Sept. 11 — on JESSE WATTERS’ show — despite being a critical player in the aftermath of the attacks. Kerik wrote a letter to Fox Business Network President LAUREN PETTERSON to complain, according to a source familiar with the matter.

A Fox News source said that Kerik was also booked for “Fox & Friends” on Sept. 11 but canceled because of logistical issues. The network declined to comment on Giuliani’s status with the network.

“I could not have been more disappointed with the Fox coverage on the 20th anniversary of September 11,” Kerik said in a statement to Playbook. “Then they chose to intentionally ignore Mayor Giuliani who was, and who according to their own coverage for the last two decades was America’s hero on the day and in the aftermath of the attack. Regardless of the reasoning, I think this was another demonstration of Fox’s cowering to the far left.”

Other former senior Trump officials have had trouble getting on the network as well, with a notable exception: Stephen Miller, who was one of the former president’s most senior advisers on a range of issues including immigration and border security.

Source: ConservativeBrief

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *